|Agriculturultur || Dairy Farming || Industry || Banking || List of Industries || Economy Affecting Factors|
The economy of the district is primarily agrarian, An overwhelming work force is engaged as cultivators and agriculture labourers. The district enjoys an ideal location benefits being situated adjacent to NH 1. It is coming up as an industrial belt and has started throbbing with the wide spectrum of developmental activities and unfolds immense potential of industrial opportunities. Farming is the main occupation of the people as a sizeable percentage i.e. over 90% of people are engaged in various agricultural pursuits. Wheat and Rice are the main crops of the district. Among the commercial crops sugarcane is an important crop of this district. It covers approximately an area of 12 thousand hectares in the district Kurukshetra. Cultivation of vegetables especially of potato is very popular in Kurukshetra district. The approximate production of potato crop in Kurukshetra district is about 5645 tonns.
To supplement the income, dairy farming and cattle rearing is another occupation adopted by the people which is strengthening economy of the district. Most of the agriculturists are engaged in either dairy farming, poultry farming, pig farming etc.as a side business. To support this occupation there is wide network of veterinary facilities which includes Civil Veterinary Hospital, Dispensaries and Stockmen Centres, as well as Artificial Insemination Centres, Poultry-cum-Piggery Centre. There are Milk plants in private sector in Kurukshetra itself, whereas another one is situated just near Kurukshetra i.e. in Karnal. A wide net work of Milk Cooperative Societies is adding to the economic condition of poor rural people.
Being agriculture based economy, industrial set up in the district is also agro based, as there are number of small and big Rice Shellers and Wheat Processing Units. A conscious attempt has been made by the District Industries Centre, Kurukshetra to identify the small-large scale industry having scope in the district. For promotion of industrialisation, a special Sector i.e. Sector-3 has been developed as Industrial Area where number of small scale units have been established.
The District also boosts of wide network of Commercial Bank branches. The Punjab National Bank is the Lead Bank of the district. Commercial banks, Regional Rural Bank (Ambala Kurukshetra Gramin Bank) and Co-operative banks look after the financial needs of the growing economy of the district
|List of Industries in the Kurukshetra|
Kurukshetra is a land of variety of agro products and their are various indusries setup since long to produce agro products as follows:
1. M/s Haryana Milk Foods Ltd., Kaithal Road, Pehowa Production: Infant Milk Foods, skimmed milk powder, Desi Ghee & diary Whitner
2. M/s Indian Sulphacid Inds. Ltd., G.T.Road, Shahabad (M) Production: Sulphuric Acid, Alum ferric, Alumine Sulphate & Copper Sulphate
3. M/s Markanda Vanaspati Mills Ltd., G.T. Road, Shahabad (M) Production: Vanaspati Ghee
4. M/s Parul Food Specialities Pvt. Ltd., Khanpur Kolian Production: DessiGhee, skimmed milk powder, diary Whitner Website: http://www.parulgroup.com
5. M/s Rahul Dairy & allied Products Ltd., V. Masana Production: Skimmed Milk powder, Dessi Ghee, Dairy Whitner
6. M/s Sainsons Paper Inds. Pvt. Ltd., Gulha Road, Plot No. 5, Bakhli Production: Semi craft/Craft paper
7. M/s Shahbad Co-op Sugar Mills Ltd., Shahabad Production: Sugar
8. M/s Kurukshetra Paper Mills Pvt. Ltd., V. Amargarh Mujhara Production: Printing paper & writing paper
9. M/s Markandeshwar Foods & Allied Products Ltd., V. Khanpur Kolian Production: Milk products.
10. M/s Goya Agro Industries Limited, Vill. Khanpur Kolian, 6 K.M. From Pipli Website: http://www.goyaagro.com
11. M/s Damino Industries, Plot No. 11, Sector 2, Kurukshetra Website: http://daminoindustries.com
12. Haryana Agro Fertilizers & Chemicals - Shahabad Website: http://haic.co.in/activities/shahbad.htm
13. Sainsons Paper Industries Ltd., Pehowa, Manufctures of MG Kraft Paper (Agro Based)
14. K.R. INDO-GERMAN HOMOEOPATHIC PHARMACEUTICALS
15. Lakshmi Rice and Dall Mills Ladwa, Kurukshetra http://www.lakshmirice.com
16. Sunil Motor Industries, Pipli Road, LADWA, Kurukshetra http://superkinggensets.com
|Rain Fall Status || Flood - 2010 || Earthquake Zone|
|KURUKSHETRA DISTRICT GAZETTEER - 2009|
Related LinksAgro Climatic Region: Trans-Gangetic Plains Region
Long-term Strategies and Programmes for Mechanization of Agriculture
Ground Water Information Booklet
Wheat and Rice in Karnal and Kurukshetra Districts, Haryana
Comprehensive District Agriculture Plan (C-DAP)
Engineering Colleges in Kurukshetra<